Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days of Summer

Summer is here! I don't know about you, but for me, that means a whole new season to "playlist" (yep, you can totally use that word as a verb). I was trying to decide if I wanted to write about my favorite songs with a summer theme, OR if I wanted to write about summer songs that I should hate but secretly love (...Call Me, Maybe...), OR if I wanted to talk about the songs that make me feel like it's summer.Then I remembered it's my blog so I can write about whatever I darn well please. Sold.

Summer/Sun-Themed Favorites:

1. Summertime - Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong
2. Under the Boardwalk - The Drifters
3. You are the Sunshine of My Life - Stevie Wonder
4. Walking on Sunshine - Katrina & the Waves
5. Summer Wind - Frank Sinatra
6. Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles
7. Surfin' USA - The Beach Boys
8. Blue Skies - Ella Fitzgerald
9. The Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Day of Summer - Nat King Cole
10. Jose Cuervo - Shelly West (what? summer = tequila) 
11. Heat Wave - Martha Reeves & the Vandellas
12. The Girl from Ipanema - Antonio Carlos Jobim 
13. Too Darn Hot - Mel Torme'
14. Hot Fun in the Summertime - Sly & the Family Stone
15. Summertime Blues - Eddie Cochran
16. Summer in the City - The Lovin' Spoonful
17. Kokomo - The Beach Boys
18. Sunrise - Norah Jones
19. I Love a Rainy Night - Eddie Rabbit
20. Summer Rain - Johnny Rivers

 
Summertime - Ella & Louis

Summer Songs I Love (and am only mildly ashamed of):

1. Call Me, Maybe (seriously, I CANNOT help it)
2. All Summer Long - Kid Rock
3. Summer Nights - John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John
4. I Love It - Icona Pop 
5. California Gurls - Katy Perry
6. Summer of '69 - Bryan Adams
7. Hot in Here - Nelly
8. Summer Girls - LFO
9. Steal My Sunshine - Len
10. Summer Nights - Rascal Flatts


Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Day of Summer - Nat King Cole

Songs That Make Me Think of Summer (there's really no rhyme or reason, so don't try to figure out why!):

1. When the Day Met the Night - Panic! at the Disco
2. Dancing in the Moonlight - King Harvest
3. It's Alright - Huey Lewis & the News
4. Over the Rainbow - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
5. Escape (Pina Colada Song) - Rupert Holmes
6. Cecilia - Simon & Garfunkel
7. Come Rain or Come Shine - Ray Charles
8. Route 66 - Nat King Cole
9. Happy Times - Matt Wertz
10. Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
11. Mamma Mia - ABBA
12. Come A Little Bit Closer - Jay & the Americans
13. Margaritaville - Jimmy Buffet
14. I Wanna Dance with Somebody - Whitney Houston
15. I Got My Mind Set on You - George Harrison
16. Shoop - Salt-N-Peppa
17. Hey! Baby - Bruce Chanel
18. Doctor Jones - Aqua
19. That Girl - Justin Timberlake
20. Shut Up - The Black Eyed Peas 

Come a Little Bit Closer - Jay & the Americans

No comments:

Post a Comment