We're getting the band back togetherWhat really makes this movie work is the chemistry between John Belushi and Dan Aykroyd. Instead of having one be the funny man and one be the straight man, both of them are as dry as Elwood's white toast (this will only makes sense if you've seen the movie). The ensemble (a medley of awesome guest stars) provides more of the more traditional comedic relief. From Aretha Franklin's sassy diner scene to some super epic car chase scenes, this movie is a delight for the senses.
We're on a mission from GodBelow is one of my favorite lines of any move ever made. It so perfectly exemplifies the humor and general feel of the film. And the execution? Brilliant.
As I've already mentioned, this movie is basically a musical. And the music is ridiculously awesome. I couldn't pick a favorite scene, so I decided to share two. The first features the incomparable Ray Charles. Not only am I a huge fan of him, but I'm also a sucker for a good dance-party-in-the-street scene.
And lastly, the amazing Cab Calloway performing Minnie the Moocher. It needs no explanation. It's that good.
This movie is near and dear to my heart. I love the music, I love the dry (and somewhat inappropriate) humor, and it never fails to bring a smile to my face.

Makes me want to watch it right now. Great movie. DKJ
ReplyDeleteI'll bring it home next week so we can watch it :)
DeleteYou must come up and go to the Blues Bros show at the Reif!!
ReplyDelete