Monday, October 7, 2013

Crazy Dreams

I'm a big fan of "magical music moments" (henceforth referred to as MMM). Every birthday and Christmas, I request a MMM...and every birthday and Christmas, I am sorely disappointed. What IS a MMM you may ask? Well, let me break it down. A MMM has at least one (or more) of the following criteria:

-Dancing (sometimes choreographed, sometimes not - often takes place 'in the streets')

-Over-the-top dramatics
-A marching band makes an appearance
-Singing is often accompanied by an instrument (or a cappella)
-It makes you feel happy

Basically, a MMM is a spontaneous outbreak of music/dance that feels unplanned, but everyone seems to know how to join in (sort of like a flash mob, but way more magical). Think I'm crazy? My entire family would agree with you (I also ask for a chauffeur for every birthday and Christmas - I think they should at least be able to make one of my dreams come true!). When I get all fired up and say, "IT COULD HAPPEN," my mom gently reminds me that MMM's do happen. In the movies. Not in real life. I think logic is dumb. Everyone has a crazy dream to believe in - this is mine.




While I'm waiting for my own MMM, I enjoy living vicariously through the movies. Here are a few of my favorite magical musical moments.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Twist and Shout 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqQFTq2FIdY

My Best Friend's Wedding - I Say a Little Prayer for You 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lPMzy4ncxg

Adventures in Babysitting - Babysitting Blues 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzhUo7edzv4

Anchorman - Afternoon Delight 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBB0M8mQeL4

Mamma Mia - Dancing Queen 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGUmXBgPvrg

Enchanted - How Does She Know 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRYU4cqUAUs

How I Met Your Mother - Nothing Suits Me Like a Suit; For the Longest Time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiweaZQ8g5U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK5IKEgt7e4

500 Days of Summer - You Make My Dreams
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tJoIaXZ0rw

10 Things I Hate About You - Can't Take My Eyes Off of You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7N6kB11GpE

3 comments:

  1. You had one! At the Holidazzle when everyone started singing over the dumb protesters. There were dramatics, singing, AND a marching band. And it was holidazzle - so of course it makes you happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, NO! You might win this one on a technicality, but I do NOT give it my MMM stamp of approval. And the holidazzle doesn't really make me happy. There are people there and you know how I feel about that ;)

      Delete
    2. Mike says that if there is a park full of people dancing, that will be people too. :)

      Delete