Happy Halloween! I had the best intentions for tonight - I was going to hand out candy to the neighborhood kids for the first time in my new house. I bought said candy a couple weeks ago...and then promptly ate it. All of it. And I never went back to the store. So new plan. I'm going to turn out all the lights, drink wine, and eat popcorn while watching Hocus Pocus (like the super classy adult I am). Maybe I'll try the candy bit again next year!
Horror movies are the bane of my existence (I was too scared to watch Ghost for a long time...yeah, I know). So it is only logical that Hocus Pocus is my go-to Halloween film. I love this movie. I saw it in the movie theater TWENTY years ago (dear lord), and it has been a staple in my movie repertoire ever since. It's silly and ridiculous (as all things 90's tend to be), but that makes me love it even more.
Here are my two very favorite scenes.
So whether your handing out treats, playing tricks, taking some cute little munchkins out around the neighborhood, or like me, hanging out with the Sanderson sisters, Happy Halloween to one and all! :)

I was hoping to find Hocus Pocus on tv last night, but settled for Adams Family Values, which with the turkey song is the perfect intro to thanksgiving!
ReplyDelete