Tuesday, November 19, 2013

What a Wonderful World

It's almost Thanksgiving. I am looking forward to family time and good food (and let's be real, a 3-day work week is always a plus!). Thanksgiving also signals that Christmas bells will be ringing before we know it (she says as her throat starts to constrict). It's easy to become overwhelmed this time of year. It feels like there is simply not enough time to accomplish every little thing on your list. The time for the mental breakdowns will come (oh yes, it will come). For now, I'm going to remember that this is also a time of year to truly be thankful for all I have in my life (and I made a list because I really love lists).

1. I am incredibly thankful for my crazy family. Could not imagine life without every single one of them.
2. I am thankful for my crazy friends (apparently I attract crazy...weird). Life is so much better with your peeps by your side.
3. I am thankful for my house. I love that I have a place of my own to make my home. And my deck is rockin' awesome.
4. I am thankful for my nieces, the time I get with them, and every hug, kiss, and "I love you, auntie"
5. I am thankful to have the best of both worlds. I love living in the cities (for all these reasons and more). I am also thankful for the time I get to spend in the beauty of the great north woods (where my roots and half my heart reside). 

To help me get in the Thanksgiving spirit, I went on a mission to find myself some Thanksgiving tunes (or at least Thanksgiving-ish...I may have used some creative license in picking this list). The holidays are coming, but for now, take a breath and remember all that you have to be thankful for!

Louis Armstrong, What a Wonderful World:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2VCwBzGdPM

Bing Crosby, I've Got Plenty To Be Thankful For:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0O1QhOMz9Y

Turkey in the Straw:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsnZxfkkoKQ

Mumford and Sons, Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNzO6LCyiIY

Sonny and Cher, I Got You Babe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Kh6lLHlXYI

Natalie Cole, Be Thankful:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eLwhlxcJy8

Julie Andrews, My Favorite Things:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33o32C0ogVM

James Taylor & Carole King, You've Got a Friend:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIMJBDj_JkE

Bing Crosby, Count Your Blessings:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qmMaPTuTEE

Thelonious Monk, Stuffy Turkey:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7vf6MAwYNI

No comments:

Post a Comment