There is a "literary challenge" going around Facebook, and I was challenged by my friend, Claire, to pick and share my top ten favorite books. Picking a favorite anything always causes me pain and agony (decisions are the WORST!). It's also hard to pick when there have been so many favorites over the years. I decided to choose the books that have been influential on my life and are near and dear to my heart. I feel like I'm betraying about 100 of my best friends, but I'm just going to roll with my gut instinct list (my gut is currently making unhappy sounds - it doesn't like making decisions either).
So, without further ado, I present my top ten list (in no particular order).
1. East of Eden, John Steinbeck
2. To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee
3. 100 Years of Solitude, Gabriel Garcia Marquez
4. Tom Sawyer, Mark Twain
5. A Ring of Endless Light, Madeline L'Engle
6. Ella Enchanted, Gail Carson Levine
7. The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald
8. Song of Solomon, Toni Morrison
9. Patty Jane's House of Curl, Lorna Landvik
10. Wiley and the Hairy Man, Judy Sierra
And just a few number 11's...because it's my blog and I can do whatever I damn well please.
-Anne of Green Gables, L.M. Montgomery (*the title of this post is a quote from L.M. Montgomery...I feel like we would have been friends)
-Miss Rumphius, Barbara Cooney
-A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Betty Smith
-Harry Potter (1-7), J.K Rowling
-A Chair For My Mother, Vera Williams
What books would be on your lists? I would love to hear suggestions of your favorites!

Remains of the Day.
ReplyDeleteFor Whom the Bell Tolls.
Neither Wolf Nor Dog.
Henry V (fine. It's a play but whatevs. It's awesome and so is the movie. Branagh forevah!)
... and several that you have already listed!
Remains of the Day - so good! Also, I laughed at you and your Branagh obsession. #idontgetit :)
Delete