| Auntie and Fiona during the floatilla |
The only cure for the summertime blues is the lake. I spent 11 lovely days up north at the beginning of July. Leaving the lake (and my people) was the pure torture! I returned to the city and immediately mapped out my vacation for the rest of summer...which includes, at the very least, 3 more trips to lake country.
Vacation was fantastic. I had lake time aplenty, met my sweet new baby cousin, Huxon (and threw a baby shower for his Mama), hung out with the Johnson clan, spent an epic day at the cabin on the 4th of July, ate all the things, read in the lawn chair, went fishing, visited friends, tested out Papa J's new tube and Cousin Audrey's paddle board, and relished the peace and quiet of the northwoods. Sara's family was also in GR over the weekend of the 4th. It was nice to finally have them back for the festivities after a couple year hiatus.
The kids were in rare form over our vacation. My oldest niece and my rascal nephew are apparently making it their mission to give Auntie Emmy a complex.
Fiona (while giving bedtime hugs): Auntie, I'm saving the best for last
Me (hugging her and feeling super awesome): Oh sweet girl, thank you
Fiona: G'night Auntie, I have to go hug Grandma
Me: (snuggling Declan)
Declan: (sudden (and unwarranted) outburst of sobbing): SAVE ME, MAMA
Quinn's clearly my favorite. She just ignored me the entire vacation #respect
As per usual, summer is flying by. I blinked and July was over half done. My parents are coming down this coming weekend and we will be celebrating Sara's birthday. On Saturday, the original four + Fiona are going to Beauty and the Beast at the Chanhassen Dinner Theater. We saw B&TB when I was in college and it was a ahhhhmazing. We are all looking forward to sharing this experience with Fiona! And next Thursday, Sara, Mom and I are going to see Maks and Val (from Dancing with the Stars) Live on Tour at the Orpheum in Minneapolis. If it hadn't been the cost of one of my paychecks, I totally would have purchased backstage passes for us :)
| Sisters at the lake |
| Having a picnic! |
| Baby shower cupcakes |
| Johnson clan celebrating Harry and Brenda's birthdays |
| My happy place |
| Summer nights with best friends |
![]() |
| The crew |
![]() |
| Tubing with Fiona |
![]() |
| Annual kayak races |
| Beautiful sunset |



Awesome photos of your blissful vacation! Hopefully the weather will stay nice for your return! Otto and I can sympathize with the humid hair issue...ugh, big hair unite;) ...We miss you Em!
ReplyDeleteLove having you up North Emsies!
ReplyDelete