Friday, December 13, 2013

My Favorite Things

Real truth
We just launched a big new electronic health records (EHR) system at work. Translation? Change. Translation? Long and draining week!

I came home tonight, ordered Chinese food (shockingly, I'm out of groceries...), opened a bottle of wine (I have my priorities straight - I never run out of wine), and decided I needed a little comfort. I'm a creature of habit. When I need comfort food, my go-to is mac and cheese (or grilled cheese...or anything involving cheese and carbs). When I am sad, I watch Mary Poppins or I Love Lucy. When I can't handle reality, I like a good action movie (bonus points if there are car chases involved). Whether times are good or bad, happy or sad , music is a constant (when I don't sing along, that signals that I need to "check my levels"). When I have a stressful week, I just need some of my favorite things. 

1. This scene from Parks and Recreation never fails to bring a smile to my face (Bah Bah Booey)


2. From one of my favorite I Love Lucy episodes - Vivian Vance absolutely KILLS it at 1:21


3. This SNL video. Because it's what I want to say all day long. And it's hi-larious


4. Canadian moose playing I Spy (from Brother Bear). 


5. Ray Charles. Obviously.


6. Muppet's piano duet. This chicken video is also a favorite (Sidenote: I think my sister, brother-in-law, and I are responsible for at least half the views of each of these videos!)
 \

7. Alexander is terribly dramatic (unlike me), but he makes some valid points ;)


8. I used to write papers to the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack in college (it made me feel very "piratey"). Combine awesome music with this perfectly shot scene and it all makes me very happy.


 9. Smash may have been riddled with plot fails, but some of the music was simply amazing. This song is one of my favorites

10. Gene Kelly makes ALL things better.


I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel so bad!

Happy weekend to one and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment