Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Baby, It's COLD Outside

We are coming off the latest cold snap here in the lovely state of Minnesota. I ran the mail outside at work today, and the temperature was around -1. The sun was shining, there was no wind, I was coat-less, and my first thought was, "Oh my, it's quite nice out here." It's really all about perspective (and mine is obviously warped!).

Because the weather gave me the perfect opportunity to do so, I had a movie marathon on Saturday. [Sidenote: I finally understand the need for spring cleaning. In the winter, when I'm in my house more than any other time of the year, I do FAR less housework. So by spring, when the winter blinders come off, the cleaning commences. End of sidenote]. 

Anyway, one of the movies I watched was Mud (2012). Within the first minute of the film, I was having flashbacks to Stand By Me (1986), which is also a fabulous film. I'm not a huge Matthew Mcconaughey fan (particularly in the rom-com genre), but he was really great in this movie. A little bit quirky, this film will suck you right in and keep you hooked until the end. I highly recommend it.



And if, for some crazy reason, you have never seen Stand By Me, I'm going to need you to see that one too. Stat.

No comments:

Post a Comment