Here are my top 2 picks from the first go 'round:
1. American Hustle - The story and acting were great, the costumes were far out (see what I did there?), and I loved every minute of the film!
2. Philomena - This movie was hopeful, sweet, sad, and wonderfully acted. I also stand by my previous sentiment - Judi Dench is a genius.
With the change in the seasons, it's time to make a new list! I've been doing my research (aka spending hours on IMDB), and I'm excited about the spring/summer prospects.
1. The Grand Budapest Hotel
Why I'm excited: The newest Wes Anderson movie is already in theaters, and I can't wait to see it. I appreciate quirk, and no one does quirk like Wes Anderson! This movie looks absolutely insane, in the best possible way.
Why I'm excited: The newest Wes Anderson movie is already in theaters, and I can't wait to see it. I appreciate quirk, and no one does quirk like Wes Anderson! This movie looks absolutely insane, in the best possible way.
2. Get On Up
Why I'm excited: James Brown biopic? Yes. Freaking. Please.
3. Locke
Why I'm excited: "Tom Hardy is a one man tour de force" was the review that hooked me. I love when films push boundaries, and I am anxious to see how a film set in a car is pulled off.
Why I'm excited: "Tom Hardy is a one man tour de force" was the review that hooked me. I love when films push boundaries, and I am anxious to see how a film set in a car is pulled off.
4. Belle
Why I'm excited: It's based on a true story, looks visually stunning, and is chock-full of talented actors.
5. Million Dollar Arm
Why I'm excited: I'm a sucker for underdogs, particularly in sports films. This is my catnip.
6. X-Men: Days of Future Past
Why I'm excited: After the massively disappointing Wolverine movie (at least I thought it was), I told myself I was done with the X-men movies. And then I saw this trailer. Thank goodness I'm not fickle.
7. How to Train Your Dragon 2
Why I'm excited: I LOVED the first movie. If this installment is half as good as the the first, I'll be a happy camper.
8. When the Game Stands Tall
Why I'm excited: See #5
9. Jersey Boys
Why I'm excited: SUMMER MUSICALS ARE MY FAVORITE!
10. The Railway Man
Why I'm excited: Colin Firth. That says it all.

Love Colin Firth. Have you read Philomena yet? If not I will borrow it to you. Good read that stays with you for awhile after you finish.
ReplyDeleteTracey - I have not ready Philomena and would love to borrow it. Thanks for the offer :)
DeleteI didn't know that Jersey Boys was going to be a movie! I'm sure it'll be tough to top the stage version, but I'm game! I always seem to add a movie or two to my netflix queue after reading your posts...
ReplyDelete