![]() |
| The finished products |
When spring arrived this year, I was beyond excited to get my flower pots out again (my friend Jane put together pots for me last year knowing I'd love having them, even though I was slightly belligerent about the whole thing). Jane came over last Friday and off we went to the flower mart. I pushed the cart while she patiently explained what would work on my deck, what flowers are nice and hardy (important!), and helped me visualize what each pot would look like as finished products. I made my selections, and we went back to my house to start planting. Jane gave me a quick "Planting 101" class (because I'm basically a toddler when it comes to growing things) and we got to work. I had SO MUCH FUN and am anxious to watch my little flowers and plants bloom and grow. Thank goodness for friends who can out-stubborn you and help you discover joy in new hobbies. I look forward to many years of planting fun.
Saturday I headed to Iowa with my friend Amanda (she coined it our fields of dreams tour), for our college friend,Tyrrell's wedding shower and bachelorette party. I love a good road trip, and Amanda did not disappoint as a road trip companion. We chatted, sang, danced, and giggled the entire trip. We hadn't seen Tyrrell in a few years, but picked up right where we left off the moment she opened the door. I had a blast with my dear friends and am thankful for the time spent with them. PLUS, I got to ride in a limo for the first time. They roll fancy in Iowa.
![]() |
| We made it to Iowa - HOORAY! |
![]() |
| Our lovely bachelorette, popping some champagne in the limo |
![]() |
| All dolled up for a night out in Des Moines |
Today my friends Christine and Kristen over for some sun and deck time.We had a yummy picnic lunch (BBQ chicken sandwiches, chips/dip, and homemade raspberry pie), and enjoyed sweating and laughing together in the gorgeous summer sun.
![]() |
After all the fun, it's hard to think of going back to work tomorrow. But the promise of a 4-day week makes it a bit less painful :)
Ingredients
3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp onion powder
1 Tbsp paprika
2 cloves garlic, minced,
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup beer (any kind)
4 cups (32 oz) BBQ sauce
hamburger buns
coleslaw
Instructions:
Add all ingredients, except chicken, to the crockpot and stir to combine. Add the chicken and spoon the sauce on top so all the chicken has a little sauce on it.
Cook on low for 6 hours (dependent on your crockpot temperatures), stirring a couple time throughout. After 6 hours, shred the chicken and add it back to the sauce. Toss the chicken with the sauce and let sit for 15 minutes. Serve on hamburger buns topped with coleslaw.





No comments:
Post a Comment