One of those songs is Ray Charles' version of Come Rain or Come Shine. I don't necessarily remember the first time I ever heard the song, but I do remember the first time I really listened to it. I had one of those musical epiphanies when I knew I was hearing greatness.
You're gonna love me, like nobody's loved me
Come rain or come shine
Happy together, unhappy together, and won't it be fine?
Days may be cloudy or sunny
We're in or we're out of the money
But I'm with you always
I'm with you rain or shine
I get shivers every listen. It's that good.
Another one is Tom Petty's Learning to Fly (because I firmly believe TP is my spirit guide).
Well, some say life will beat you down
Break your heart, steal your crown
So I've started out for God knows where
I guess I'll know when I get there
I'm learning to fly around the clouds
But what goes up must come down
I'm learning to fly but I ain't got wings
Coming down is the hardest thing
I'm learning to fly around the clouds
But what goes up must come down
I'm learning to fly
Just a small town girl
Livin' in a lonely world
She took the midnight train goin' anywhere

No comments:
Post a Comment