Sunday, March 16, 2014

Here Comes the Sun

I'm just going to say it. This winter has been rough. I truly love snow, but with the frequent cold snaps this year, it was challenging to get outside and and enjoy the white stuff. This past week brought two wonderful changes to MN - daylight until about 7:30 p.m. and fifty (!) degree temps. It seemed touch-and-go there for a while that we might ever be warm again, so there has been much rejoicing across the land. I went sock-less 3 times this week, jacket-less twice, and drove with my windows (at least part way) down every day. My deck is 3/4 of the way clear (I was finally able to get out there and unplug my Christmas lights...I was THAT house...don't judge me), and I have been spying more and more grass (GRASS!!!) patches as every day goes by. While I don't doubt we will see at least a few more snow showers, I have hope that we are on our way to springtime.

It's amazing what a little vitamin D can do for a person's outlook on life. I have been walking with a little extra spring in my step, I ate healthy all week, and I put my clean clothes away only two days after washing them. The sun clearly brings about miracles.  

I met Sara's family for lunch last Sunday, and while driving home, Here Comes the Sun came on the radio. The lyrics express exactly what we are all thinking.

Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say, it's all right

Little darling, the smiles returning to their faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say, it's all right

Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
And I say, it's all right



And here are a couple other little sunny tunes to brighten your day!



No comments:

Post a Comment