Friday, June 20, 2014

Counting Down the Hits


Happy Friday to one and all.

It's been a big week - my blog turned a year old, and this is my 55th post! I'm fairly proud of myself and this accomplishment. I didn't really know what to expect when I began the process, but having a creative writing outlet has been more fulfilling and enjoyable than I could have possibly imagined.

To commemorate the occasion, I reviewed the top 10 most read posts to see what you crazy kids like to read about. My conclusion? You people are random...which is probably why I like you. 

Top 10 posts of Year 1:

10.  Happy Days Are Here Again
I wrote about things that make me happy. 

9. With a Little Help From My Friends
A love letter to my peeps. And as a bonus, pictures from my birthday celebration.

8. Keep Breathing
Sharing my start of summer playlist. The tunes were a bit of downer, but apparently you people dig that.

7. My Favorite Things
This one is pretty self explanatory.

6. I Believe in a Thing Called Love
Account of an epic road trip with my dear friends, Gary and Emma.

5. There is No Friend as Loyal as a Book
My winter 2014 reading list.

4. I Like Big Books and I Cannot Lie
My title was probably the biggest seller for this one ;) My summer 2013 reading list.

3. Follow the Yellow Brick Road
My very first blog post in which I write about my love for The Wizard of Oz.

2. Going for the Gold
A dinner and a movie post in which my sleep deprived mind writes about the 2014 Winter Olympics. Clearly I should write all my posts in a sleepy haze. 

1. Taking the Long Way Around
A late night reflection on being a work in progress. 

Thank you to all who have taken the time to read, comment, or send me a note about a post that resonated with you. I look forward to sharing more of my recommendations and random ramblings with you. 

Note: The title of this post is in memory of Casey Kasem, who recently passed away. As a teenager, I spent almost every Sunday with Casey as he counted down the top hits in the land. RIP Casey - you will be missed! 


Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars
-Casey Kasem

1 comment:

  1. Casey....Em is right I feel like a family member is gone...peace to you and thnx for your many years of joy in the music. M in Tucson
    Also, keep writing Em it is most enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete